Christmas Gifts

Hello! I hope you all had a very happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year! The festive period for me was celebrated with cheesy music, bad dancing and maybe a few too many cocktails... I was really lucky to get some lovely presents, and luckier to get a few stylish steals in the seasonal sales. I'll let you in on a few of my faves: 

1. I must have made it known more than I realised that Alexa Chung is my ultimate fashion idol and inspiration. For when I eagerly unwrapped (well, frantically ripped open) my coveted IT book, I squealed with delight. The beautifully illustrated book glimpses into Chung's exciting lifestyle, with  fascinating photographs displaying her own inspirations, aspirations and personal life. It also features some nifty tips, which I will follow down to the letter, I really am a fan! I have read this book twice over already, and will be sure to cherish it.


2. We can all give ourselves a little Christmas treat right? I may have gone a bit overboard this year, but do not regret this purchase! I am a big Dr Marten lover, and browsing through the sales I stumbled upon these unusual shoes. I just couldn't put them down, I was entranced by the detailed snake print and its texture, the cute tassels and schoolgirl straps. As I got to the till the shop assistant told me, in a rather surprised way, that 'wow, these are the first pair we've sold!' He then brought over his colleague who too was shocked at the sale of this pair. I'm afraid I haven't had many good reactions from people I've shown off my new Docs to, though I love that they're unique and can't wait to strut them around in 2015!




3. From the age of 6 I've been in love with rabbits, and my 11 year old rabbit Suki is still roaming around in my garden. I was convinced that my first tattoo would be of a little rabbit in geometric lines, but who knew I would get the perfect design in necklace form? The necklace is probably the better option after all... This mini silver bunny is my perfect companion every day, anywhere.


4. Whenever I can, I steal my male friends' baggy tshirts and pyjamas to lounge around in. So when I came across these Calvin Klein boxer style shorts for women, I couldn't resist. I think they're great, especially with the vibrant pink elasticated band. I'm sure the guys will thank me for this buy!


5. I got these Bare Minerals eye shadow pots as a present from my mum's friend. The colours flecked with glitter are stunning, and I only need a small amount to create a strong golden smokey eye. These formed my New Year makeup look, and will be used throughout the year so long as I don't spill them.

6. And finally, I got my first Christmas hat, complete with large multicoloured baubles and flashing lights. This hat definitely goes into the spirit of things, and will be the first thing to get me excited when Christmas comes around this year!







This entry was posted on Saturday 3 January 2015. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Christmas Gifts”

  1. Thanks so much! Will take a look at your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like those shoes! I'm sure you can pull them off :)
    I've nominated you for a blog award, if you want to view see my post and do your own you can see it here: http://www.truthfullyella.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html#more

    Ella xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Ella, it's a great idea and excited to take part! :) xx

      Delete